World War, I also known as the First World War, was a global war centered in Europe that began on 28th July 1914 and lasted until 11th November 1918.
1. The imperial German Navy instilled fear into the whole Europe.
2. The First World War was called simply the World War or the Great War and thereafter the First World War or World War I.
3. German trenches were built to last and included bunk beds, furniture, cupboards, water tanks with faucets, electric lights, and doorbells.
4. Germany, envisioned Austria-Hungry directing most of its troops against Russia, while Germany dealt with France. This confusion forced the Austro-Hungarian Army to divide its forces between the Russian and Serbian fronts.
5. More than 65 million men from 30 countries fought in WWI. Nearly 10 million died.
6. On August 1, 1914, after Russia’s response, Germany mobilized and declared war on Russia.
7. The total cost of WWI for the U.S. was more than $30 billion.
8. The First World War took place in Europe, and it lasted from July 28, 1914 to November 11, 1918.
9. The trigger for the war was the assassination of Archduke Franz Ferdinand of Austria, heir to the throne of Austria-Hungary, by Yugoslav nationalist Gavrilo Princip in Sarajevo on 28 June 1914.
10. During WWI, Dogs were used as messengers and carried orders to the front lines in capsules attached to their bodies.
11. On August 4, 1914, after Belgium refused to allow German troops to cross their borders to France, Germany declared war on Belgium.
12. Group of pigeons, trained to return to the front lines, were dropped into occupied areas together with the parachutists and were kept there until soldiers had messages to send back.